Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sick Day

I almost forgot to update the blog, because today I'm engaged in serious combat.

I woke up with nothing more than a tickle in my throat and a general feeling of malaise.  However, as the day goes on, I find it's trying harder and harder to turn itself into a full-blown head cold.  This cannot stand.  I battle on.  My enemy is wily, but I am determined to emerge victorious from this conflict.

This entry is, therefore, the blog equivalent of what TV Tropes refers to as a Sick Episode.  Tomorrow I'll be back to Working Through The Cold.  But for today, since I don't have to be anywhere or do anything absolutely compelling, I've decided to just take it easy.  Unfortunately, the husband person still had to go to work and was thus unable to spend his day fussing over me.  (This of course implies that he would have done such a thing if he were home, which I think most people realize is unlikely, but I can cling to my fantasies.)

In between brief bouts of semi-unconsciousness, I'm amusing myself by wandering around several of my favorite websites.  For lack of being coherent enough to share anything else with my readers, I thought I'd pass these on to you.  Have a great weekend and stay healthy - but if you're stuck in bed with a laptop, give these a try.
  • TV Tropes (world's greatest time sink)
  • xkcd (nerdy webcomic full of stick figures, science jokes, and pop culture references)
  • Tumblr (I'm still new to this so I don't know how to describe it)
  • Manly Guys Doing Manly Things (a silly video game-inspired webcomic my sister got me into)
  • Not Always Right (funny and bizarre tales of adventures in customer service)

1 comment:

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)