Recently I've gotten involved with the people on Tumblr. (There's a correlation here, wait for it.) Tumblr users in general tend to be a lot younger than I am, which makes me feel like everybody's Cool Big Sis. It's like the role I was born to play, when you look at the rest of my life.
Something I'm noticing lately is that a lot of blogs on Tumblr seem to be dedicated to sharing your personal bucket list with the world. And it's making me think hard about mine. (There's also one, the Already Done List, for sharing the items you've crossed off your bucket list.)
This is only a partial list. But here are some of the things I desperately want to do before I kick the bucket.
- Publish a critically acclaimed novel.
- Visit Australia (especially Tasmania, where my best friend lives).
- Learn to make potato candy. (Yes, it's a real thing.)
- Visit England.
- Visit Hawaii.
- Read The Valley of Fear, which is the only Sherlock Holmes story I still haven't finished. This is ironic, considering that much of it is set in Carbon County, just north of here.
- Travel somewhere by train.
- Spend a day in Central Park.
- Be an aunt.
- Enter a writing contest, and win.
- Start a blog. (Hey.)
- Go on a cruise. (Thanks to my parents for that one.)
- Be a godmother.
- Visit Canada.
- Swim in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Visit Disney World. (Again, thanks to my parents for making that one come true.)
- Hike on the Appalachian Trail. (Part of it.)
- Hold a butterfly in my hands.
- Attend a fan convention.
- Spend an entire day marathoning the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings movies.