Thursday, March 15, 2012

Do Something

I'm not feeling well today, so this is going to be kind of on the short side.

As I've had occasion to mention in previous posts, I spent three years as the so-called adult in charge of a church youth group.  Working with those kids was some of the best use of my energy ever.  The fact is, teenagers are pretty awesome people when given half a chance.

That's why I really like Do Something.org.  The whole thing is geared toward that age group, to let them harness their natural passion and energy and funnel it into doing something good for the world.

The steps are pretty simple.  Browse the website; figure out what really gets you interested; read up on suggestions for ways to get involved.  Respond to polls, read what other kids are doing, post the details about your own projects, and learn how to start a Do Something club at your school.

I know quite a few of my readers fall into the teenage age bracket, which is the main reason I thought I would throw this out there.  You guys have so much amazing potential.  I can't wait to see what you do with it.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)