Monday, October 1, 2012

Updates and Sundry

I didn't honestly mean to take a two-week vacation from blog updates, but owing to a variety of circumstances up to and including a bout of poor health, that's what happened.  I trust that your lives were able to continue with some semblance of order despite not reading anything new here.

I'm in the middle of preparing for the annual October invasion by my beautiful goddaughter, her adorable husband, and their delightful friend and traveling companion.  Kevin and I actually get almost a full five days with them this year, which is the longest they've ever been able to stay with us, and of course we have to make every moment count.  So it's possible that come Thursday, I'll forget to update.  I'll try not to forget, of course, but I can't promise anything because I'm notoriously feather-headed sometimes.

I do have one exceptionally good piece of news to share with my readers, however, regarding a previous post.  You might recall that back in June, I alerted all of you to the tribulations of Jason Puracal, an American wrongfully imprisoned in Nicaragua for drug-related crimes he didn't commit.  I'm extremely happy to be able to tell you that Jason's case was at last properly reviewed and his sentence overturned.  Jason is a free man, reunited with his wife and son, and ready to go back to his life.  Of course, there are a lot of expenses from this long and arduous legal battle, so if you're willing and able to help, visit their website to find out how.

I'm still, in what might charitably be considered my free time, plugging away at The Graystone Saga.  I'm very grateful to all of you who have read it thus far.

And I'm going to have to leave this here, because the day is slipping away from me with undesired speed.  As Frost said, I've got miles to go before I sleep, so I'd better get started.  I hope you're all having a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)