Monday, May 2, 2011

Team Tweetup and the Leukemia War

Today's blog post will be unusually short, on account of a headache. But I'm taking the time to fulfill a promise I made to one Michael Andreano.

Mike is the leader of my local group of tweeps - Twitter users, that is. Once a month he picks a location and tries to herd us to that location for food and hanging out. I've only managed to attend one such Tweetup, but I stay in the loop on Twitter and these are nice people.

More recently, Mike has spearheaded "Team Tweetup," harnessing the power of our local tweetdom to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As one of the tweeps, I'm mostly helping by spreading the word about the events being organized.

This is the main site. You can read all about it there - who Mike is, why he's doing this, how you can help, what the money can accomplish. The next event is this Saturday, May 7th, when a local restaurant will provide a Greek lunch for ticketholders. Become a ticketholder here. I'm hoping to be there.

Keep up the good work, Mike. Go Team Tweetup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)