Thursday, September 29, 2011

Centepostary

This is the 100th installment of It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time!

One year ago, I launched this little project - not really sure what I was going to do with it, in truth.  But the situation in which I then found myself lent a lot of credence to Janis Joplin's maxim that "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."  I actually said that more than once.  So I tried a few things.  Some of them didn't work, like my photo book, which never sold a single copy (except the one I bought myself).  Some of them, like this blog, did.

It's been an interesting year.  I've interacted with people I never expected to meet, like Do One Nice Thing's Debbie Tenzer and author John Scalzi and the staff of Walter Reed Hospital.  I've discovered organizations and charities I didn't know existed, like Water.org and Caps for Good.  It's been a learning process.  In largest part, it's been a lot of fun.

So what's next?  Good question.

They say "do what you love and the money will follow."  Well, this is what I love to do.  I'm not getting rich, but it brings in a little cash now and then.  I am, however, open to expanding the situation.  So I'm some degree of excited to share with you the existence of official merchandise for the blog.


If you've ever wanted the blog's name on a t-shirt, a postcard, or a host of other merchandise, now's your chance.  Or maybe you'd like something featuring the little purple flower.  Or some of my other nature photography.  Or an original design I made for the Sherlock Holmes fandom.  Whatever you think might appeal to your senses, please check out my Little Shop of Laura's

Yes, the name is a pun on Little Shop of Horrors.  After a whole year of this, my puns shouldn't really be all that surprising anymore.

Thanks for making the first hundred posts so much fun!  Here's to another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)