Friday, November 11, 2011

The greatest idea ever

Today is 11-11-11.  Here in the United States, it's Veterans Day.  (I'm not completely sure about elsewhere, to be honest.)  So I want to start this post by paying tribute to the men and women of the Armed Forces.  Thank you for your services and sacrifices.

Regular readers of this blog will note that I'm updating on a Friday rather than a Thursday.  Circumstances beyond my control prevented the timely update on the usual day; specifically, my power (and internet connection) went out yesterday morning.  By the time it came back, I had to get ready for work.  We still don't know what caused the outage, but it affected our entire neighborhood.

And I was disappointed, because just the night before I had discovered exactly what I wanted to tell my readers about in yesterday's - now today's - post. 

I like the Academy Awards well enough.  I usually have more interest if a film I really care about has been nominated; my husband and I watched very impatiently to see how the Lord of the Rings films would fare.  A good host can make or break the show, of course, which is why this idea is so brilliant.  There's a campaign in the works to get a host...rather, hosts...for the 2012 show that I don't think anyone could find objectionable.

The Muppets.  Who wouldn't like to see Kermit and company hosting the Oscars?  I mean, are there any celebrities more beloved than these piles of felt?  I don't think so.  I want to see this happen.  I bet you do too.  The musical numbers alone will be out of this world.

Join the campaign on Facebook and Twitter, if you use them.  The internet got Betty White to host Saturday Night Live, so we can do this too.  Let's see how it goes! 

1 comment:

  1. The 11th of November is Remembrance Day in many other parts of the world - "Lest We Forget" is said, as well as the poem read about Flander's fields. Poppies are worn in button holes, and I think, all in all, a very beautiful thought. We pause at 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month to remember the 11th hour...originally for WW1 vets, I think it has been extended to include all Wars and vets.

    ReplyDelete

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)