Thursday, July 19, 2012

Vegas Photos

I'm still having some connection problems, but as promised, here are pictures from my trip to Las Vegas last month.  I hope you enjoy them!

I was in Vegas with my mother and two of her aunts.  We stayed at the Paris, which was beautiful.  Here's one of the ceilings in the public area:


This is an actual poster at Madame Tussaud's wax museum, from when the company did an exhibition about the life of Queen Victoria.  Being a lifelong Anglophile and fascinated with the royals, I would have loved to see that.


Who illustrates Vegas better than Siegfried and Roy?  Well, maybe Elvis.  But here they are in wax form.


This guy, who was inside the Venetian, scared the life out of me.  That's not a statue, it's an actual person.  He's advertising the Carnivale celebration the Venetian is running all summer.


The Luxor is doing a ten-year exhibit of real artifacts from the Titanic.  Sadly, I could only take a picture of the outside, but if you get the chance to see the exhibit I urge you to go.


My love for dragons is well established.  I think that komodo dragons look cuddly and adorable.  That said, they also terrify the living daylights out of me.


The dragon lives at the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.  This is the stairwell in the reef.  I took a lot of architectural pictures on this trip, because I am a nerd.


Sunrise, as viewed from our hotel.


Did you know you can zipline the length of Fremont Street?  Neither did I.


Only at the Bellagio - the world's tallest chocolate fountain!


Also at the Bellagio, the dancing fountains!  I watched them from the excellent vantage point of the Paris's scale replica of the Eiffel Tower - best view in the city.


This painting hangs in the elevator corridor at the Paris.  After a week of looking at it at least twice a day, it grew on me.


A splendid view of the Rockies, from our plane.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)