Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Why did they name this hurricane Sandy?  That makes it sound cute.  Like Sandy from Grease, or Sandy Hook in New Jersey (which is pretty much underwater at this point if I understand the news reports), or Sandy the Squirrel from that inane Spongebob cartoon.

Anyway, hello.  As a resident of the eastern seaboard area, I'm awaiting this thing's landfall.  It's expected to crawl ashore in Cape May, New Jersey in about four hours, give or take.  It's huge, it's wet, I don't want it, and I'm just thankful that they're claiming the harshest rain will most likely pass to the south of where I am.  I'm also thankful that my workplace was smart enough to close today, which saved me the trouble of calling in sick with this terrible backache.

I'm cranky and I need a nap, I think.

So there's really very little point to this post, except to say that I hope everyone reading this is keeping safe and sane.  Between the hurricane on the east coast and the earthquake in Canada that prompted tsunami warnings on the west coast, this is going to be one really unpleasant week for North America.  I'm sure that once this is all over, there will be many outreach opportunities by which you can help people recover from this hurricane, so check back with me on Thursday and I'll share with you what I find.  In the meantime, stay warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)