Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fair Trade Triumph

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm lucky enough to work for my local branch of Ten Thousand Villages, the company that started fair trade in North America.  I absolutely love my job and one of the things I love most about it is knowing that just by showing up to work every day, I'm helping people all around the world improve their quality of life.

Yeah, I'm kind of a softy.

Anyway, today they announced the winners of the annual Best in Fair Trade Awards.  Ten Thousand Villages actually took two of the five awards - the main company, which is based here in my native Pennsylvania, was voted the company that offers "Most positive change in a producer community."  Our northern offshoot, Ten Thousand Villages Canada, took the award for "Most effective public education program."

We are very proud today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)