Thursday, August 2, 2012

Contest Redux

Once upon a December, I had a contest on this blog and gave away a piece of jewelry from the store where I work.  The contest went over pretty well and I thought it was kind of fun, so I promised that at some point I would have another one.  I meant to do it sooner than this, but I'm a little fluffheaded now and then.

But I'm getting around to fulfilling that promise now.  Contest ahoy!  And because sometimes my mind has a hard time focusing on things that aren't my own writing, I've decided to focus this contest around my recently-launched web serial story, The Graystone Saga.

(Please DO NOT confuse this with Fifty Shades of Grey.  The less said about that, the better.)

Anyway, much like last time, the parameters of the contest are super simple.  Like this blog, Graystone has its own page on Facebook.  It even has followers who are people I don't know, which is highly gratifying.  I'd like it to have some more.  That's where you come in.

Provided that you have a Facebook account, please go here and click ye olde "Like" button.  That's all there is to it.  You will then be entered in the current contest.  You have until the end of August to do this; I'm planning to announce the winner for my birthday, which is Labor Day weekendish.

Oh, right, prize.  The winner will be chosen at random from among all of the people who have liked the Graystone Saga's Facebook page by 12:01 EST on September 1, 2012.  Said winner will actually appear in the Graystone Saga.  That's right.  You will have a minor character named after you!  With dialogue and stuff!  Immortality is yours, and all you have to do to try and achieve it is to click a button!

(If you happen to win the contest and you already have a character in the story named after you, which is the case with two people, I'll come up with something else.)

Have fun!  Good luck!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo contest! Check it out! (These are mine.)